- Cook quinoa and rice according to package directions. Prepare muffin pan with nonstick baking spray.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine cooked quinoa and rice with remaining ingredients, except chives and pasta sauce; mix well to combine.
- Transfer quinoa and rice mixture to prepared muffin pan. Using a tablespoon, fill each muffin cup to the top, then using a spatula, press down on the mixture to create a flat surface.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven; set aside to cool for 15 minutes. Using a teaspoon, gently remove rice and quinoa snacks from the muffin cups.
- Transfer to a serving platter; serve with a sprinkle of fresh chives and a side of tomato sauce for dipping.
1⁄2 cup uncooked quinoa
1⁄2 cup uncooked black rice
2 large eggs
1 cup Vidalia onions, finely chopped
1 cup dairy-free shredded mozzarella cheese
3 garlic cloves, minced
1⁄2 cup fresh basil, finely chopped 1/3 cup grape tomatoes, diced
1⁄2 tsp. sea salt
1⁄2 tsp. freshly ground pepper
1 tsp. chili powder
2 chives, finely chopped,
2 cups of homemade tomato sauce, for serving
Workout of the Day
Three rounds for max reps:
60 seconds of Shoulder press 95/65 lbs
60 seconds of Kettlebell Swings (24/16 kg)
60 seconds of Burpees
60 seconds of Anchored Sit-Ups
60 seconds of Rest