I am constantly striving for excellence in everything that I do as a strength and conditioning coach. I am always attempting to re-educate myself and experience the newest in training and technology from around the world. I have received instructions from some of the best strength and conditioning coaches from across North America. Although I have learned a lot about new technology and techniques that I can use in my business and my approach to each and every case remains roughly the same.
I follow my own individual guiding principles and you should as well as these guiding principles are what drives us each and every day. No matter my training goals I used these eight main principles to guide my path to success, I’m going to share these principles with you today and in future e-mails we can move on to more specific principles that can help you to increase your confidence and knowledge to prepare and train for any task.
So here are my 8 guiding principles. I’ll be coming back to each of these in detail in the weeks and months ahead:
1. Most athletes find it very difficult to work out in front of their peers as well as their competition. By working to improve your base level of knowledge you can become more confident and share your knowledge with your peers. Weight loss can become easier and your fitness level is sure to improve. Taking the time to do some research into your training and to ask questions will only help you to train more successfully and demonstrate your skills to others.
2. Working out in front of other people or athletes is very important. Experience and training comes from making mistakes and overcoming them and working out in a peer group is a great way that you can all learn together. This is an excellent way that you can utilize new CrossFit Impact techniques while you go to the gym.
3. What is the true definition of an athlete? The truth is anyone could be an athlete and no one has the right to say you can’t be one. There’s no reason why you should have to spend thousands of dollars on the latest training to become an athlete or to create a great workout plan. Your knowledge and education can turn you into an athlete. Although you may feel you pale in comparison to any professional athlete it is possible for you to achieve the same fitness level.
4. Remember that to accomplish your goals you must execute them. Making goals and following through on them will only get the ball rolling faster and allow you to become a great athlete.
5. Being athlete is extremely tough but also very rewarding. With proper education you can enjoy the rewards of being an athlete by spending less time at the gym and seeing excellent results. With the proper CrossFit fitness plan you can accomplish quite a bit in just a short time.
6. Anyone can learn the principles to become a great athlete. The process is simple and involves studying and duplicating others’ successes, it is your drive and execution of these principles that will ensure your success.
7. Being an athlete is all in your mindset. A big part of creating workout plan involves instilling your confidence and to keep your motivation and confidence up before every workout to make sure you can continue to replicate everything you have learned.
8. Nothing in this program is theoretical it’s all possible. You can go into any gym and utilize the workouts from this program as well as have access to the equipment. The advantage of utilizing materials from other athletes is that you can avoid their mistakes and get the most efficient results with equipment that is commonly found in many gyms.
Thank you very much for your interest in this program and we will speak again soon in future posts.
Good luck on your journey to becoming an athlete and remember that anything is possible!
PS: remember that change can be uncomfortable and it’s very tempting to stay rooted. It is up to you to make the choice and create your new default lifestyle.
P.P.S: Remember that every tip I give you can save you time and money, while you may know some of them there are bound to be bits of information that are beneficial to you somewhere down the line. I am happy to share my extensive fitness knowledge and hope that it can help people on their journey to become athletes.
Workout of the Day
In teams of three, complete five rounds each for time of:
200 Meter Row Sprint
Dumbbell Ground to Overhead x 10 reps