We have all seen those people who seem to have effortless control over their environment. They are cool, collected and, most of all, confident. Here are 10 traits that set confident people apart from the crowd.
Truly confident people:
1. Say “no.” Recent studies from U.C. San Francisco show that the more difficulty you have denying a request, the more likely you are to experience stress, burnout, and depression.
2. Take responsibility. Instead of going through life feeling like a victim, these individuals own their failures along with their successes.
3. Listen more than they speak. Confident people don’t feel the need to prove themselves in conversation, instead they use listening as an opportunity to learn and grow.
4. Get their happiness from within. It’s much easier to be happy with yourself when you recognize your value and love yourself.
5. Don’t speak badly of themselves or others. Gossip and negative self-talk are symptoms of low self-esteem.
6. Speak with conviction. Using words like “um” or “I think” diminishes credibility — confident people speak with certainty.
7. Celebrate the small stuff. Small victories build new androgen receptors in the areas of the brain responsible for reward and motivation. Stimulating this area is like a muscle, it gets easier the more you do it.
8. Exercise. There are limitless benefits of regular exercise. Many studies have proven that exercise routines improve perceptions of confidence, sociability, athleticism, and even intellect.
9. Don’t fear mistakes. The best way to know yourself is to find likes and dislikes through a variety of experiences. This means ditching the doubt and sticking with decisions.
10. Ask for help. No one is perfect, and confident people know their strengths and weaknesses and ask for help to fill the gap.
Most of all, confidence comes from sincere acceptance of self and the belief that no matter what the future holds, you’ve got this.
Workout of the Day
With a continuous running clock, perform the following:
0:00 – 1000 Meter Row
5:00 – 30 Burpees
10:00 – 30 Strict Pull-Ups
15:00 – 50 Wall Ball Shots
20:00 – 30 Box Jump Overs
25:00 – 800 Meter Run