Athlete Spotlight: Tracy Nameth
1) How were you introduced to Crossfit? My old personal trainer Eve Santiago trains at Windy City Crossfit and she thought I might like it so I tried it out about a year ago and have been hooked ever since. Needless to say – I don’t see Eve anymore as she has been replaced by the two best coaches ever – Carlos and Lindsey!
2) Favorite WOD/Lift:
21-15-9 reps, for time of:
Thruster, 95/65 lbs
** Because it was my first WOD ever
3) I have always wanted to: Meet Rich Froning
4) One word people use to describe me: Feisty
5) Outside of the gym I like to: Travel abroad, go to my cottage in Michigan, watch Michigan State sports and hang out with friends
6) Something nobody knows about me or would be surprised to know about me: I seem pretty girly but I love to fish and come from a family of hunters. I know how to skin, gut and clean fish, deer and other animals.
7) Favorite physical activity outside of Crossfit: Slalom Water Skiing & Wake Boarding
8) Favorite place to eat in: Coast Sushi
9) Song that gets me pumped for a workout: Anything from the Rocky IV soundtrack
10) Proudest accomplishment: I’m petite which used to frustrate me when I began Crossfit because I couldn’t lift as much weight as a lot of the other women athletes. I’ve come to accept the fact I won’t be able to lift the same weight as others but look at it a little differently now; I have recently gotten to the point in some of the Olympic lifts where I can lift more than my body weight and I’m extremely proud of all the hard work and progress I’ve made to get to that point in my workouts.
Workout of the Day
Take 15-20 minutes to work on Clean technique and build to a heavy-ish clean.
“Five-Minute Capacity Test”
Complete as many rounds and reps as possible in 5 minutes of:
5 Squat Cleans (135/95 lbs.)
10 Burpees Over the Barbell