Main lift variations are essential components of any successful strength training program, but it can all seem pretty complicated at first.
Get a better understanding of the main exercise variations and the difference between Max Effort and Dynamic Effort days by checking out our 90-Day Main Exercise Weight Lifting program below.
It’s a lot of information, so we’ve created an easy-to-use infographic as a guide as well as the 90-Day Main Lift Weight Lifting Program below. With this information, you can greatly improve your strength and performance. The two lift methods create balance in your workout and allow you to improve upon multiple fitness training goals simultaneously, including strength, speed, agility, and explosiveness.
Changing the cycle regularly is key to the Conjugate Method.
90-Day Conjugate Method Main Lift Program
The 12-week routine will give you an idea of how to train your conjugate method main lifts from week to week. Your individual exercises will frequently change to ensure your body does not accommodate to the exercise, and that your body is constantly working at a high capacity. The Conjugate Method requires change and variations on classic lifts.
What is the Maximal Effort Method?…
…What I mean by “maximal effort” is when you lift a maximal load using maximal resistance.
Our program requires two training sessions each week for maximal effort one for:
You’ll need to max out every week on your Max Effort days, and each week you’ll break personal records because there is such a variety of lifts and movements prescribed as main lifts.
To better accomplish this, we recommend recording each lift to track improvements on some of the more obscure main lift variations.
Squats, deadlifts, and good morning lifts are recommended once a week for your max effort lift.
Using either a deadlift or a squat in a manageable variation for a 1-to-3 repetition maximum, or a good morning variation as a first exercise of the day.
Bench press should also be one day per week at a 1-to-3 RM. These lifts will make up your “main lifts,” and will be completed at the beginning of the workout. These lifts will make up about 20 percent of your workout, and accessory work will make up the other 80 percent.
Accessory work refers to special supplementary exercises after your main lifts to improve whole-body strength.
This 80:20 split is what sets the Conjugate system apart. The goal of accessory work is to build on your weaknesses, so train your conjugate method main lift variations that are more challenging for you but manageable.
Once you have perfected that particular exercise, move on to another type of accessory work that is difficult and continue working on that. No two people will have the same accessory work because no two individuals will have the same strengths and weaknesses.
What about the Dynamic Effort Method?
This method is used on your squat, deadlift, and in the bench press training day.
To perform the Dynamic Effort Method, you must lift sub-maximal weights (in the 50-75 percent range) as fast as possible with compensatory acceleration. This method improves force output.
This methodology will be used during two training sessions per week one for:
Squat and Deadlift
Our system works, and it works fast! For a more detailed information look at the 90-Day Main Lift Workout, download the Workout Program >> PDF HERE.
Since power is measured in time, it’s not only how much force we can produce, but how fast can we get there?
The faster we can get up to 100% of our output, the more weight we’re going to move. But we’re also going to become more athletic as well.
As your training progresses, you’ll understand and put that together on how it’s going to work with your program or any other sport that you train. So, we ended up introducing the Dynamic Effort Method.
If you’ve never trained with the Dynamic Effort Method, the average person will make 154% improvement in the first year in their rate of force production, how fast they can produce force. That’s a massive improvement.
Workout of the Day
Complete 3 sets each of:
90 seconds Band Bell bar box squat
20 [Banded] Kettlebell Swings