Drink Water: Start each morning with a full eight-ounce glass of water.
Stay busy: It’ll keep your mind off food.
Drink Coffee/Tea: Coffee is a mild appetite suppressant. Green tea and black tea.
Ride the Hunger Waves: Hunger comes in waves; it is not continuous. When it hits, slowly drink a glass of water or a hot cup of coffee. Often by the time you’ve finished, your hunger will have passed.
Don’t tell everybody you are fasting: Most people will try to discourage you, as they do not understand the benefits. A close-knit support group is beneficial, but telling everybody you know is not a good idea.
Give yourself 1-2 months: It takes time for your body to get used to fasting. The first few times you fast may be difficult, so be prepared. Don’t be discouraged. It DOES GET EASIER believe me!
Follow a nutritious diet: Intermittent fasting is not an excuse to eat whatever you like. Stick to a nutritious diet low in sugars and refined carbohydrates.
Don’t binge: After fasting, pretend it never happened. Eat normally as if you had never fasted.
If you would like to get started now here is a great PDF resource we put together with books, videos, articles, podcasts that have already helped change 60+ people’s lives:
“Fasting isn’t about starving yourself. As more and more people are discovering it’s a way to lose weight and lower blood sugar naturally, without medications.”
- https://youtu.be/-mKvLQxaTvo – The Biggest Benefit of IF is not weight loss, its Autophagy
- https://youtu.be/lwCRjwDs1Ek – How to do Intermittent Fasting for Serious Weight Loss
- https://youtu.be/li9aTbsZ9io – The Perfect Intermittent Fasting ratio for the most weightloss (Fat Burning)
- https://youtu.be/ovESvZSue6o – Does Intermittent Fasting cause Muscle Loss
- http://ifpodcast.com – The Intermittent Fasting Podcast with Gin Stephens and Melanie Avalon
- http://www.passivebody.com/podcast-2/ – Passive Fat Loss Podcast Hosted by Maarten Schrader
- https://player.fm/series/the-atp-projects-podcast/intermittent-fasting – The ATP Project’s Podcast“When done right, fasting is an incredibly effective tool for weight loss and type 2 diabetes, and it can even help slow aging, prevent cancer, and improve heart health.”
– The Complete Guide to Fasting